West Bengal is a pioneer in solar technology in India. Government-owned WEBEL was one of the first manufacturers of solar energy panels in the country. It is mandatory for all large housing societies in West Bengal, (having a total contract demand of more than 500 kW) to install solar rooftop systems to meet a minimum of 1.5% of their total electrical load by solar energy. The subsidies are applicable as per SECI guidelines.
Eligibility: Net Metering ( As per prevailing regulation of WBERC)
- Consumer of WBSEDCL.
- Installed Capacity-Not less than 5 KW
- Connection type-3 Ph
Type of Consumer:
1. Hospitals / Health centers run by Govt. / Private/ Private charitable organization.
2. Schools/ Academic institutions run by Govt./ Private/ Govt. aided
3. Govt. offices/ organizations.
4. Local bodies like Municipalities/ Panchayats
5. Housing Complex.
6. Commercial/industrial organizations and any institutions registered under any statute
Process Flow for Grid Connectivity of Solar PV by Consumers: Net Metering
Flow Chart-1: Application & Acknowledgement –Related Forms: S1, S1A & S2
Flow Chart –II: Application review & Inspection –Related Forms: S3, S4, S5 & S6
Flow Chart –III: Installation, Testing, Commissioning & Billing –Related Forms: S7, S8,S9 & S10
DATA MANAGEMENT OF ONLINE APPLICATION
Input by Applicant (Form-S1)
- Consumer Id
- Installed Capacity of Solar plant
- Type of Consumer
- Acceptance by the consumer bearing the cost for phase conversion/alteration of service
- Mobile No, Aadhar No(optional), email-id(optional).
Popped-up from system
- Name of CCC
- Name & Address of applicant
- Class of consumer
- Contractual load
- Supply voltage & phase
APPLICATION REVIEW AND INSPECTION